Tattoos and Dermals

«« Pregnancy and tattoos    Microdermal Removal »»

Saturday October 27th, 2007 @ 8:09 PM

Filed under: Implants, Tattoos

Heya, this one’s for Lori or Warren!

Im currently located in Adelaide and was wondering if you know any reputable piercers who you feel would be able to perform dermal anchors.

Also where you suggest going to get tattooed, thanks heaps!

I’m spearheading a movement to get all our Aussie readers to call Warren “Wozza” from now on. C’mon, you know you want to. I’m just trying to help him feel more at home here Down Under, you understand. :) And for all of our other readers all over the world, don’t worry about it, it’s an Aussie thing. ;)

I honestly don’t know who I’d recommend in Adelaide for microdermal/dermal anchors, and I don’t see anyone in South Australia on the Industrial Strength microdermal website. This does not, of course, mean there’s nobody doing them there, just that you need to do some research and call around to the better piercing studios and talk to them about it. Ask them if they do them, how many they’ve done, how the procedure is performed/what techniques are they using, how they learned to perform the procedure, how many they’ve removed and at what point in the healing process, what their success rate is, and for pictures of fresh and healed work.

As for tattoos, shop around - everyone has their favourite artists and I’ve seen good work come out of Adelaide. I’ve also seen some shockers, ha ha, so caveat emptor and all of that! Here’s where the new comments section will come in handy - South Australian readers, please do feel free to pitch in with your favourite artists and links to shops, to give us some help!

Posted by Lori St.Leone | Permalink | Leave a comment | Trackback

13 Responses to “Tattoos and Dermals”

1. The Ink Pit on Anzac Highway is a great tattoo studio, IMHO the best in Adelaide. They have an impressive portfolio and did a beautiful, detailed tattoo on my husband a few years ago. They are often booked out 2-3 weeks ahead.

As for microdermals, I would also like to know who does them in Adelaide. My favourite piercing studio is Jetty Road Piercing at Glenelg, but I haven’t asked them about microdermals yet.

Shaz on October 29th, 2007 at 4:58 am
  2. Both the Ink Pit and Jetty Road tattoo underage people, I suppose that’s one of the only things that really puts me off. (And I know this as a fact, I have had “acquaintances” tattooed by a couple of artists at each place.)
    Even though the wait is long, I’d recommend going to see someone at the Body Art Shop. For piercings, try either there or Punktured in the city. (Although of late a lot of their piercers have changed…)

Anon. on November 1st, 2007 at 5:48 am
  3. Is Punktured where Bianca (and I’m sorry if I’m getting her name wrong, but I think it’s Bianca) and Peta work? I’ve good things about those names but I can’t for the life of me remember what shop they’re out of, I think it’s in Rundle St somewhere…

And I’m always squicked to high heaven by the whole piercers-working-in-bong-shops thing (which Punktured totally is), so that’s hella high praise from me - like I said, I’ve heard really good things about those individuals, not the shop itself!

Lori St.Leone on November 1st, 2007 at 7:21 pm
  4. I’ve also heard good reviews from The Ink Pit and Jetty Road Tattoo.

I’ve had good results at Hairhouse Warehouse with Tim, Sharni and Abe.

Sal on November 2nd, 2007 at 12:08 am
  5. Punktured, I may be wrong but more commonly know as “Off ya tree”?

I_r_alex on November 2nd, 2007 at 6:35 am
  6. i think the only answer to the question of a reputable piercer in adelaide is Sandi from Body Cult Rundle Street, i have had all of my modifications there and none of them have had any complications what so ever, she has much experience and has even trained most of the other piercing artists in the area.

there is no doubt she is the best i have been with her for over a year now and she currently has Lukas Zpira performing modifications in her studio.

i think the only way you will get a proper Microdermal is if you are tied into the industrie, i have a couple of friends that have had some impants placed in themselves from a friend piercer but it was a home procedure and i have had to do my own implants.

*comfortablynumb* on November 3rd, 2007 at 5:15 am
  7. While Sandi is fantastic and probably the most experienced piercer in Adelaide - she does most of my stuff - there are a few other reputable people around. I can vouch for both Tim and Abe from hairhouse warehouse.

Back on topic. Abe does microdermals, but I’m not sure if he’s doing them out of the shop or only on people he knows. I’ve seen a couple he’s done and they’ve healed perfectly.

Alex on November 4th, 2007 at 4:14 am
  8. What shop does he pierce at?

I_r_alex on November 5th, 2007 at 7:44 am
  9. Yeah Pieta still works at Punktured, and she’s the only person there who (from my knowledge) has been piercing for a long time.
    She’s done a few piercings on me and they’ve all been perfect.

Anon. on November 7th, 2007 at 7:39 pm
  10. funny thing i was at a party with pieta from punktured over the australia day holiday and we had a good talk about microdermals and she also said that no one in adelaide is performing them at the moment except from abe who used to work in hairhouse but left due to a transfer or something i believe.

he was only performing the procedure on friends and keeping it very tight-lipped due to legal litergations but recently started performing them on paying customers.

*comfortablynumb* on January 28th, 2008 at 9:52 am
  11. I have been going to Jetty Road for over 9 years now. The lady that pierces there has been doing it for 15 years or something! They are super clean, awesome people and not intimidating at all. They are expensive, but they use top quality jewellery etc. Id rather go there and get an awesome job done rather than go to some shit place that has only been open for a few years or some beauty salon! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Jenny Tersis on October 22nd, 2008 at 9:35 am
  12. Heya i know someone who does great dermals! She has done all mine and they are awesome!!

Get back to me if you’d like to know.

FallenangeL on February 13th, 2009 at 8:35 pm
  13. I had my tattoo at Jetty Rd tattoo and I wasn’t that happy with it. They were really rushed as its so busy there and the guy looked kinda annoyed at me whenever I requested any changes. Altho this was maybe 3 yrs ago so don’t kno who they have working there now. I am going to go to Ink Pit to get my tattoo covered/re-done, as I’ve heard a lot of good things about them.

Nadia on July 9th, 2009 at 11:24 am