Tender VCH

«« Ritual cutting    hairy skins »»

Tuesday April 29th, 2008 @ 6:16 AM

Filed under: Female Genital

Hi,

I’ve got a 4 week old VCH (that I adore) and over the past couple days I’ve started to notice tenderness around the top hole only of the piercing. I can’t tell if the skin looks aggravated as its always pink.. And im not sure what’s going in. Im a little worried as I was barely suited to get it in the first place. I love it and I don’t wanna loose it. What could be causing this? There was no tenderness until a few days ago and I have changed nothing in my routine. Could it be rejecting?

A month old vertical clitoral hood piercing shouldn’t really be giving you problems. I’m thinking it could be a jewellery issue. You didn’t state what jewellery you have in there. It could be that the jewellery is too small for the piercing and the excess pressure this causes could be responsible for your discomfort. It might also be worth checking that the balls (in the case of a bar) haven’t come loose because if there is contact between the thread and your skin this would most definately cause discomfort. It could even be a material issue or a scratch on the surface of the jewellery. Try popping in some new jewellery and seeing if that helps. A decent piercer will be able to make sure you get the correct length and type for your particular piercing.

Being a little over-zealous with play can also result in tenderness!

Posted by Tiff Badhairdo | Permalink | Leave a comment | Trackback

10 Responses to “Tender VCH”

1. I’ve got a curved barbell. Its a little longer than it needs to be, actually. I haven’t been messing with it much at all but ill try getting it changed. It seems to only be more and more tender.

angeldust on April 29th, 2008 at 7:49 am
  2. See if changing it helps. With situations like this it’s more a case of methodically ‘trouble-shooting’.

Tiff Badhairdo on April 29th, 2008 at 10:13 am
  3. I had the same issues with my VCH. I changed my jewellery to something less likely to irritate the piercing site. The tenderness only started a few weeks after I had it done.

Dimruthien on April 29th, 2008 at 4:58 pm
  4. Could the jewelry have a nick in the finish? That can cause irritation.

HereKittyKitty on April 29th, 2008 at 8:37 pm
  5. I had similar issues with mine (it’s about 2 month old now). The top hole was pink, sore and itchy. NO signs of infection or rejection, though. I had the space for the VCH, but my hood is extremely short.
    Changing the jewelry did help, but I had to go through a few changes over several weeks to get it right. I went to a shorter curved barbell after swelling subsided, which helped some. Going shorter again twice(1/4″ long was perfect for me…I told you I had a short hood)and increasing the gauge (from 12g to 10g) helped A LOT. Finally, about a week ago I switched to an 8 mm ball on the bottom and a 6 mm on the top of the barbell, and I haven’t had any problems since. Good luck with yours!

RR on April 29th, 2008 at 8:58 pm
  6. Thanks guys. I think I do need to get it shortened. And probably a heavier ball on bottom. I’ve got a 14 g right now and im thinking I should maybe switch to a 12? It isn’t sore today.. Iim not sure what’s up. But thanks much for your help.

angeldust on April 30th, 2008 at 10:10 am
  7. I checked it out pretty thoroughly today and there’s a tiny zit like bump about 1 mm away from the top ball.. What is it? Or, what could it be?

angeldust on April 30th, 2008 at 8:30 pm
  8. Could be hypertrophic scarring. Try chamomile soaks. :)

Dimruthien on May 1st, 2008 at 10:05 pm
  9. shorter jewelry did wonders for my VCH. also: people tout internal threading like it cures all ills, but i have an (anatometal!) internally threaded bead that has a slight gap between the bar and the bead (not so threads are showing, just the way it’s countersunk) and the gap pinches. so definitely check your jewelry, make sure there are no gaps, scratches, etc. i wear a 5/16ths inch, 14g bar with 5mm beads. i was pierced with 3/8ths, and didn’t have any ISSUES with it per se, but as soon as i got a shorter bar it was suddenly *better* even though i hadn’t thought there was anything wrong.

hope that made sense.

AeChei on May 2nd, 2008 at 3:42 am
  10. That made tons of sense. And I do think a shorter bar is in order. I won’t have the cash for it for another little while but ill do that when I do.

angeldust on May 2nd, 2008 at 5:21 pm