dimple piercings

«« Permanent Corset Piercing    Bioflex in VCH »»

Wednesday May 7th, 2008 @ 3:01 PM

Filed under: Uncategorized

I got my cheeks pierced on February 29, 2008. It is now May 6, 2008 and they are still not healed all the way. The piercer who did them told me after he pierced me that he had never done that kind of piercing and he was unsure what the healing process involved. If I would have known that before he stuck the needle in my cheek then he would have never been aloud to do so. So a week passed and the lebret balls sank on the outside and the the flat back on the inside was completely covered with swollen tissue. I therefore could not remove them the correct way so I used a tongue barbell to push the lebret ring through my cheek and out the inside of my mouth. The healing since then has gotten better but it is not complete and I also am unable to put the correct ring in yet. I have read a lot of the forums that people have wrote about with this piercing and I do understand that that this is a high volume area and healing can take some time. But how long and when can I put the appropriate ring , the one short enough to actually make dimples, in with out worrying about swelling or irritation? Thanks

Heather

Cheek piercings do tend to take awhile to fully heal, but the amount of time that takes should drop with proper jewelry installed for the initial healing period. High quality steel or titanium labret studs with extra length to accommodate swelling will aid in the healing of your piercings. Having disks and beads that are not too tiny may help as well.

Keep the piercings clean, drink lots of water, don’t cause undue stress by playing with the jewelry and try your best not to chomp down on them while eating!

Posted by Russ Foxx | Permalink | Leave a comment | Trackback

91 Responses to “dimple piercings”

1. my cheeks have been pierced for over 6 months now and as i have heard from many poeple is that they never fully heal. i know personally mine have had many ups and downs. one or the other tend to become swollen very easily, secrete lots of lymph, and get irritated by almost anything. also, when you get your jewelry changed always leave a little slack. the tightness of the jewelry doesnt cause the dimple, its gthe nerve damage and tension on the tissue, my jewelry isnt tight whatsoever and mine have dimples in nicely and are very pronounced, and started doing so even with the jewelry i was pierced with.

crotchvomit on December 28th, 2008 at 12:46 am
  2. If I was to get my cheeks pierced, how long would it take for dimples to form? That is if they do for sure and would they last and look like true dimples?

Allie on March 2nd, 2009 at 11:46 pm
  3. i got my dimples pierced but its not the right piercing nd they are to small nd are gettin stuckk
    i want to knw were i can find the real piercing because i want to keep my dimples i love them

jenny on April 21st, 2010 at 9:09 am
  4. i have dimples but they are not deep at all. i want to get the pricing but i am scared of the side effects. i need more advice.

Megan on May 14th, 2010 at 4:39 pm
  5. I have had my cheeks pierced for almost three years now. To the dimples question. I would say if you want lasting dimple impressions after you have taken the jewelry out permanently it would take the entire healing process, they will form before that, but if taken out the dimples will eventually fade out, and the dimples from healed cheek piercings are very un-natural looking but eventually fade to natural looking. My cheeks personally took about a year to fully heal. I haven’t had a fuss out of them in about 2 years. I do not take my jewelry out often which helps. The more you remove the jewelry or change it the more pissed off they will get. They will leak shit for a long time, but I am pleased. They are my favorite, and I hate the myth going around that they never heal. People who call themselves piercers have told me that as well, but how do you argue with living proof. I also heard I would drool out of them eventually, and that’s a load of crap as well. People say these things because it is a problematic piercing or can be, but there are several things you can do to prevent bad things from happening. If you want these, you have to really want them, and be determined, but in the end. They do heal. Most people also misinterpret the lymph for an infection, which is very possible, but chances are you are looking at lymph.

Jenna on June 5th, 2010 at 5:28 pm
  6. i got a dimple pierce like 2-3 weeks ago and it keeps leaking….i had to put a tongue ring barbell on the inside because the flat post kept sinking in my cheek it had started to heal so i had to take the post out.how long does it take to heal.

princess on June 11th, 2010 at 8:58 pm
  7. my friend has this piercing and has had them for over 9 months now and still both cheeks play up from time to time, as i am looking to get mine done i have done sooo much research, and have found healing time can be up to a year for some people. what i would advise from my friends experiences is to find some long barred jewelllery and clean them often, leave this jewellery in for about 2 months until they feel healed enough to change to a smaller bar, try not to play with the bars or bite down on them when eating. all i can say is be very very patient and you will get the results eventually :) hope this helps

fluffyy on August 11th, 2010 at 7:39 pm
  8. i got my dimplez pierced 3 dayz ago, and im in so much pain.im guessing my cheeks are too chunky for them. is there any longer barz than the onez they pierce you with?

lisa on August 31st, 2010 at 10:51 pm
  9. Hey, got my dimples pierced four days ago now.. they’re one of the only piercings I haven’t had once already before. So far it’s not too bad, I have really long posts in to make room for all of the swelling and haven’t had too many issues with biting them all though occasionally this does happen if I’m not paying any attention. I do have to admit though, the swelling makes me look like a chipmunk, and I’m finding depending on the time of day/how much I talk does effect how much it swells in a day, but it’s definitely easy to cope with. I’m really pleased with the way they’re feeling/looking so far; and am extremely excited for when they are healed and able to be switched to shorter posts for that ‘dimple’ looking effect.

Lee on September 21st, 2010 at 11:01 pm
  10. I got my dimple piercings 5 days ago and its barley leaking but I’m noticing this dark circle starting to form around it and its kinda odd.I brush my teeth and mouthwash after I eat or drink anything so I am taking care of it. And also I’m wondering if the constant mouth wash may have something to do with my sore throat?? Idk. And I was told to kinda play with the piercing inside that way skin does not form over the piercing inside my mouth. Anywho back to what I was saying, the dark circle around the piercing, is that normal??

christiee on September 23rd, 2010 at 2:45 am
  11. So , i pierced my cheeks on saturday and the person who pierced them put in a way too short of a stud & they sunk into my face. luckily we were able to get them out before they were about to cut my cheeks open to get them out . i was totally terrified . i am now curious if this swelling is abnormal . its beeen 3 & a half days and i just want this swelling to go down . ive gotten my nose , tongue , back dimples , bellybutton , and snakebites done and i feel like this swelling is not going to go away any time soon . Most of my piercings only swelled up for a week max .

babythug on October 5th, 2010 at 11:58 pm
  12. I had mine done 8 days ago, and one side I can’t barely feel is there and one is propper sore and they leak shit alllll the time, I didn’t have dimples before will I get them eventually?

holly on October 7th, 2010 at 6:14 pm
  13. I got my dimples pierced a little over 5 months ago and my cheeks were swollen for well over 2 weeks. I looked like a chipmunk hiding nuts in my cheeks but they are beautiful now and giving me no problems. It gets better trust me.

miesha on October 16th, 2010 at 11:41 am
  14. The dimples come without the tight rings it’s not how tight the jewelry is that gives us these artificial dimples it’s just the piercing period. Tension and nerve damage. My dimples look awesome and honestly I wasn’t expecting the piercings to make dimples so that was a pleasant surprise. I wish I could post photos of my piercings.

miesha on October 16th, 2010 at 11:49 am
  15. I got my dimples pierced about eight days ago and they’re leaky and all that shit which I know is normal, but both sides have these like bumps on the inside and I’m not sure if that’s just from swelling or because it’s just irritated or whatever. Also the right side is still a little red around it but I figured it’s just irritated from the constant movement that they have to put up with. I have bioflex barbells in them and I’m not sure if that’s why they’re acting up a lot or not. Any sugestions?

Taylor on October 23rd, 2010 at 10:21 pm
  16. I have had my dimples pierced for about 3 weeks now and they are fine. The left one leaked for a while but stopped after about 2 weeks. I got mine pierced with these really long rubber things with balls on each side and that worked awsome! Im actually thinking of changing my rings already. I guess it all just depends on how your body reacts to piercings.

Rich on November 10th, 2010 at 8:55 pm
  17. i got my dimples pierced about 6days ago and the first three days were HELL lmaoo
    first the labret posts were to small cuz i already had chubby cheeks so the swelling just made it feel even tighter! .. then i went to get them changed and the tongue ring barbells were still tight so now i have the industrial barbells in

it has given my cheek room to swell and leak as much as it needs too :D

and for those of you that have no researched .. short posts does NOT give u the dimple effect

if u change to shorter posts make sure it has a little room cause ur cheeks will swell out of nowhere from time to time

also saline solution (eye contact solution, sea salt and warm water) is perfect for cleaning

mouthwash without alcohol is perfect .. regular listerine will irritate ur freshly pierced cheeks even more

and if around ur piercing feels hard .. that means you have trapped fluid
    just press gently to promote drainage and you feel fine after

the piercing won’t feel as stiff :D

i hope this helps

Vanity on November 12th, 2010 at 5:55 pm
  18. i have had my cheeks done for 1 year and 4 months. i love them but they are still not healed, as i write this they are irritated and its been kinda frustrating b/c i love them so much and i really dont want to take them out. when one side looks healed the other side wants to act up, its like they are taking tuns, anyone else have this problem or know anyone who has had to wait THIS LONG?

jennifer on November 14th, 2010 at 6:42 pm
  19. I just did my dimple piercings last night I just want to know how I should take care for them, is it the same route as lip piercings? I thought it would be cause there both in the mouth area. And my friend that did them told me it will take 6 weeks only to fully heal but as I keep reading more about them it takes longer then what he told me. Another thing is I have no sea salt to clean them with can I use peroxide for awhile that’s what I used for my lip, I did that for about two weeks.

Chem on December 5th, 2010 at 12:10 pm
  20. my boyfriend pierced my dimple for the 1st time 3days ago and it was very swollen the ball inside my mouth have sinked inside my cheek. it doesnt hurt but is it ok to leave it like that? will my skin grow over it? and it feels hard around the ring like its a bump or something what should i do?

tykeria on December 26th, 2010 at 3:17 am
  21. and i brought my cheek ring from a beauty supply store! what do u guys think about that….. just need help on the cheek ring thing first piercing on my face

tykeria on December 26th, 2010 at 3:19 am
  22. okay well, i just got my dimple piercing like 4 days ago and it really really hurts. like i know piercings are suppose to hurt but damn lmao. but ,my question is, is it good to clean them with anti-bacteria soap?? and how long does it take the dimples to actually come?? cause at the moment i look like i just got 2 big balls hanging out the side of my face lol!!!! HELP

tasha on December 31st, 2010 at 1:17 am
  23. i had my dimples for about a year i had nothing but troubles with them it didnt matter what i did they always acted up once a week and hurt really bad and started to have purple marks around them and leaky all the time so as my pain got bad i took them out and it stopped hurting. wonder if the purple around my holes with go away, for anyone wanting to get them or needs to take them out good look on how your face will look after. i have had many piercings on my face and this was the only one to give me problems

Anita on April 3rd, 2011 at 2:20 am
  24. I been thinkin about gettin my cheeks done but after readin all of this, i have second thoughts which sucks because i really want it done, but seems like a horrible experience

Jessica, on April 14th, 2011 at 5:59 am
  25. okay so i got my piercing done 4 days ago, and HOLY MOTHER OF PEARL my cheeks hurt like a slut.
    the first 2 days they were normal, i didnt feel NOTHING. they were mint :), but then the 3rd day the pain rolled in and now i look like a gorilla. i just cannot emphasize the hugeness of my cheeks. LOL ANYWAYS, i just want to knowif its normal that the ball is supposed to sink into the my skin in the inside of my mouth.
    i feel like its gunna heal over it.
    its so wierd.
    anyways LET ME KNOW PLZ!

francesca on April 18th, 2011 at 9:48 am
  26. i have yellow discoloration around my cheek piercing, is that normal?
    like its totally fine, its swelling and theres clear puss, nothing dramatic. But recently my friend told me my skina round it was going yellow, ( i only got this done 4 days ago) so im wondering if its normal.
    Also on the inside of my mouth, the ball is like ..im not sure how to explain it , but it seems like its sinking, i feel like my skins gunna heal over it.
    is this normal?

francesca on April 20th, 2011 at 1:52 pm
  27. I have had my dimples pierced for about 2 and a half months now. Mine only swelled for about a week and were a little swollen the next week after I got them.The yellow discoloration should be lymph coming out of your cheek.I was told this is normal because it is an oral piercing. For about the first month and a half I had a lot of lymph coming out of my cheeks and now I only get it on my piercings a little and they are getting better. They are healing up really well and don’t really get irritated by anything I do to them. I clean them well and know how to take care of them because I have had many piercings and my body has never really given me any problems with any of them.I’m not sure if the sinking is normal, I never had this problem with mine but if they are swollen i’m sure it is normal. Just make sure your bars are long enough to make the swelling more comfortable so the piercing is not pulling on your cheek, if it is you might need to get longer bars so your skin does not grow over them. I am very happy with mine and am going to get shorter bars in the next couple days.

Sadie on May 29th, 2011 at 9:01 pm
  28. hi guys, so ive had my dimples for about 3 months now. theyve healed completely and they are just amazing. alot of these comments are so negitive haha,
    everything went well with my piercing,
    just make sure u dont over-clean it, as wierd as it sounds, its better to just let it heal on its own, instead of cleaning it after EVERYTHINGGG you eat.
    its litterally a leave it alone, kindve thing.
    So ya, not much i can say, mines going great, and ive went to shorter bars, oh and also make sure u dont change ur bars too soon, especially if its still oozzing. let it completely heal, or else ull irritate ur piercing.
    k thats about it, farewell

jessi on May 30th, 2011 at 4:01 pm
  29. I’ve been thinking about getting my cheeks pierced for a while now. I went to a local tattoo and piercing shop where I live, and the Piercer told me that it is a risky piercing, but he will do it as long as I research it and still want it. He told me that you can hit blood vessals or saliva glands while piercing it and you can either bleed really bad, or create saliva profusely. Has this happened to anyone?

Cailey on June 12th, 2011 at 5:57 pm
  30. I got my cheeks pierced 1 week ago and superisingly they swelled up for about 2 days after it wus just minor swellin (unoticeable) and im so happy I got them, I usually wash them with antibacterial soap mouthwash, having a smaller size put in after they heal does result in dimple apperance

Canaan on June 25th, 2011 at 2:01 am
  31. i got my dimples pierced 3 days ago and at first it didn’t hurt and i didn’t notice swelling than all of a sudden i had chipmunk cheeks, so in order for it not to hurt i put orajel on it,, is that ok?

Codi on June 26th, 2011 at 4:42 am
  32. SO I just got mine done on Tuesday night by my normal piercer and at first he used labret studs and everything was fine. Weds my cheeks were sooo swollen but didnt hurt too bad. Thurs they were horrible so I asked him what to do and he said to put barbells in so I did. It was such a pain an hurt an they bled. but I got them in. He said to listerine after eating drinking smoking etc…and use gly-oxide so I have been. the swelling seems to be getting worse and they are getting hard around them and ache all the time. I have been using ice, cold water, ibeprofin an tylenol for the swelling an pain. In the morning the balls on the outside are stuck to my cheeks and when I push them out there is lots of lymph with a little bit of blood and they burn. Also the balls on the inside of my mouth wich are huge by the way seem to be sinking further inside my cheeks….I love them soo much and want to keep them in so am looking for suggestions on how to help them out a lil. I have 7 other piercings and have never had a single problem with any of them just my cheeks….

cheeky on July 22nd, 2011 at 4:51 pm
  33. I’ve had my dimples pierced for about 4 months, a week ago or so, I developed a lump on one side. The piercer I also apprentice under simply cut it out. That wasn’t so bad, however about two days later, I noticed my cheek gradually swelling. ( wich is not good, because I have a small bar in, and i have had it in for well over a month and a half) and this has been going on for a few days now. including today. my ball on the inside and outside are swallowed. moreso the inside. I have to keep popping the ball out of my cheek, wich im sure is just doing more damage. I think the reason it happened is because of the irritation that was caused when it was cut.

:/ I have alot of piercings, and these are deffinatley my fav. i hope my cheek gets better.

Paige on August 21st, 2011 at 12:39 pm
  34. I pierced my cheeks about a year ago and cause the peircer put too small a stud in, they sunk in and caused me hella pain to even smile :I I took ‘em out and just got them again about 2 months ago. If you’re thinking of getting them, make sure you ask for really long bars to begin with, they make you look like an alien for a couple days and then a chumpunk but after 2 months you can switch ‘em. I haven’t had much trouble with them recently, it’s been about 2 months. Wash them with anti-bacterial soap and use alcohol-free mouth wash twice a day.

shiloh on August 25th, 2011 at 2:27 am
  35. i pierced my dimple like 3 months ago and my cheeks are chubby so the lapet thing sunk in my cheek im wondering if i should poke a hole inside my mouth just to take it out and switch it to a long piece of jewerly or my cousin said its nothing to play around with so i would have to get it sergically removed and it will take 4 months to heal im scared i want to keep it in cause i really like it and im getting the other side done next week so should i just ask the piercing guy what he could do or go to the E.R <- no the best option either:(

Stacy on August 27th, 2011 at 11:57 pm
  36. I got my left cheek pierced 3 days ago & I only got swelling yesterday! My cheek feels fine & it doesn’t really hurt, my swelling is normal & I still have a bit of room with the bar I have it…my piercer said to go back in a weeks time & get a flat bar for the inside of my cheek cause atm I have a big ball which bugs me!! I clean mine with salt&warm water & then saline solution on the outside! I’ve got a little lump round the piercing but I think that’s just from where its healing…it looks good (y)

sarah on September 10th, 2011 at 12:53 pm
  37. So I got my piercings done about a month now. At first my cheeks were really fat. I do have the studs that have the flat ends. Should i switch them to balls? And one is still leaky out stuff but only on one side. But there is still like swollen kind of ball around the peircing. Is that normal? how can i get rid of that? and you can kinda see my dimples. how long do you gotta wait for them to really show up? But i do love them! and dont want to take them out because they were totally worth it.

Jessica Garcia on September 11th, 2011 at 7:49 am
  38. I want to get my cheek’s pierced, but only to have dimples…I have a job that I could not possibly keep them in for. However, I could figure out a time to let them heal before going back to work. If I were to get the piercing even if I only kept it in 1-2 weeks could it leave dimples? Even if they aren’t completely permanent would that be a long enough time to leave at least a slight indentation?

Ambeeerrrr on September 15th, 2011 at 8:20 am
  39. I’ve has mine fourdays. Not long. The piercing part didn’t hurt at all. BUT the guy deffinately didn’t warn me about the swelling and my studs went in my cheek and I looked like a chipmunk. So I got tounge ring barbells. After u got lOnger jewelry I had no problems. I clean my face with dove soap on the outside along with seasalt. I clean the inside with sea salt and mouthwash without alcohol. Swellings going down. Everyone heals different so healing varies. My friend had hers for three years and they never healed, so she got rid of them. I love love love my piercings. But honestly think about dimples before getting them. There a bitch to deal with, but their worth it :-)

Kaleb on September 16th, 2011 at 8:23 pm
  40. so, im panning on getting my cheeks pierced but im really having second thoughts about the healing process & what could happen & if scars stay on your face after you take them out . . . someone please Anwser me those questions & the second thoughts im having , do you really get scars after taking them out ? thankyou <3 .

Paola on September 19th, 2011 at 3:55 pm
  41. Soo i got My Cheecks Pierceddd Like 2 days Ago , one of them HEALED pretty good ! but the other is alil swollen ! everything seems to be fine the pain isnt drasticc anymore , But other then that (: Cheeck Piercings are the Bombb <3 i kinduh dont recommend them cause ‘gettin them was Painful && taking care of them is ahh Pain in the ass . ! (: Buutt Yeahh i LOVE minee <3333

Mitchhh (: on September 27th, 2011 at 7:29 pm
  42. Hi everyone i have tongue rings in right now i pierced my cheeks day before yesturday they look rly nice but i had my studs with the flat end the ones you put in your lips and well they fit nice just a lil tight to say it sinks in my mouth a bit but it did the same when i did my lips and had no problems with that can anyone just let me know if it sinks in if its a bad thing i dont rly feel the pain but i mean if i cant put those in imma take em out cuz i look like a chipmunk with two rly big balls on each cheek thx please get bk to me

casandra on October 14th, 2011 at 2:41 am
  43. right ive had my cheeks pierced for 5 days now. my cheeks are huge and painfull. they are weeping wat looks like puss but alot thinner like water. im waitin for the swellin to go down as i look awfull right now. can sum1 please tell me is this normal????? thanks.

john on October 31st, 2011 at 8:20 am
  44. ive had my for 6 days now. this is wat happend day by day. ill keep it short and sweet

day 1 huge bars in and i look stupid and its hard to eat
    day 2 swellin starts but isnt to bad. stupidily got drunk.
    day 3 cheeks are hugeeeee and i mean huge no wonder the bars are big. cheeks are very sore as well and startin to leak a yellow liquid which is the same thickness as water
    day 4 painnnnfull. right cheek leakin and its hard to eat
    day 5 still leakin and swellin is still at maximum.
    day 6… went to the docters to get sum anit biotics to help with the prosess. id rather be safe then sorry so he gave me 2 courses which will work after a few days.

to be fair if i knew it was goin to be this bad i probably wouldnt have got them done. its agony. they arnt jokin about after care . i wash with slaty water about 10 times a day. 2day im findin it hard to talk or smile and this is 6 days after the piercing…. ill update in a week. wish my cheeks luck haha :D

john on October 31st, 2011 at 3:40 pm
  45. oh to the people askin about the balls on the inside of the mouth sinkin in. i have this and this is why u should have balls on the inside. not flats. they arnt lieing wen the swellin is awfull… it would take alot for a ball of that size to go through ur mouth. imagine if u took it out.. the hole is actaully tiny . every1 has told me just to hang in there as it gets better after time. hope all my info has helped in sumway :D

john on October 31st, 2011 at 3:45 pm
  46. day 7 left cheek is goin down still leakin a bit biut not bad.. right cheek still sore but is gettin better… still leakin but no where near as bad as wat it was. well doen to my body :D haha

john on November 1st, 2011 at 2:10 pm
  47. i got mine pierced and i only have 4 days with them and it feels like i got my wisdom teeth tookn out once again, my cheeks are so swollen and i have a short labret. my dimples havent leaked, is that normal? are they suppossed to leak? and my fat is just swore and stiff. how long will my swelling keep going on for? is there certain food im not suppossed to eat? and if i keep a short labret on them will they still heal or no?

sandra valadez on November 11th, 2011 at 1:52 pm
  48. I got my cheeks pierced almost 3 weeks ago.I have had very little swelling.I am noticing that they are red around the hole,no pain though.Is this normal.I use sea salt water to clean them once a day.

Joy Cappozzoli on November 16th, 2011 at 12:24 pm
  49. I’ve had mine for a week now and they’re doing really well! They leak from time to time but the swelling only lasted about 3 days for me :) I can’t wait to shorten my posts and change the balls next week!

shelby on November 20th, 2011 at 12:49 am
  50. i rlly want this done yet im super sensitive…… hpw does it feel when ur physically getting it pierced?

kc on November 29th, 2011 at 10:44 pm
  51. I got my dimples pierced 2months ago. They swelled really bad @ first. Luckily my piercer used long enough bars to accommodate the swelling. :) They were very painful for awhile. But now 2 months later I’ve changed to a shorter bar & they r healing nicely. They still have a little leakage nothing serious. I just use some warm water & a Q tip to clean it away. It takes a lot of patience & dedication for these piercings. But I absolutely love them now.

Kathy on December 4th, 2011 at 8:38 am
  52. I’ve had my cheeks pierced for about 4 years I’ve gotten them done 2 times it takes about a year for it to fully heal mine im used l piercing so it took about 3 weeks if the piercing is hurting your cheek ask your piercer for PTFE the shorter you cut it the more your dimple will form deeper like mine I have deep dimples and they look like normal dimples clean your dimples with sea salt and water

Martina on January 22nd, 2012 at 1:26 pm
  53. Got my cheeks pierced four days ago.
    They’re leaky, get crusty, and are swollen.
    But that’s just fine by me, because I was aware of all the side effects. One it perfectly fine, just swollen, and the other is slightly red and has lots of pus! Ew, right?
    My piercing artist (who has been doing them for 13 years) told me to do everything to keep the balls from sinking in and picking the crustyies off! I love them, and will keep them in no matter what!

Kaitlyn on January 25th, 2012 at 11:03 pm
  54. Hey i got mine done monday at noon, and now its 3am friday. Mine isn’t leaking, but i look like well i wanted to say bulldog, but i guess that’s mean for the bulldog, so i will go with the chipmunk who has its cheek filled with food, i’m sure its worth it in the end, i love dimples, but its hard, with my self-esteem. I am crying when i look in the mirror, i can’t help it, i just try not to look at it, but it happens, its terrible. But i hope the swolling goes down, because i feel like shit, and i don’t wanna go to school.

I heard that gum is suppose to reduce swelling on a tongue piercing, perhaps dimples too ?

What about ice cubes?

And khlorhexidin (not sure if the spelling is correct) is that fine for mouthwash?

Any other ways to reduce the swelling?

Nadine on February 23rd, 2012 at 10:06 pm
  55. Okaay So I Havee ReallyREALLY Deep Dimplees Annd Im Thinkinng About Getting Them Pireced But MyFamily Is Telling Me NOT ToGet Them Done Beause Its Gonna Mess Up My Face And My Dimples Are Gonna Get Messed Up ? I NEED ADVISE ??

Christinaa on March 5th, 2012 at 8:57 pm
  56. i just got my cheek pierced 3 days ago & its healing fine but around the piercing is tender.. is that normal ?? & only when i press around it does puss come out..

April on March 9th, 2012 at 4:17 pm
  57. I got my cheeks dne 4 days ago & one side of my face is dumb swollen & I keep puttin ice on it & I’m Cleanin it with sea salt & washing the outside of it with soap but the only problem I’m hvin is the inside on my ball is sinking inside my face & ask the man the did it is it fine he said yea but to me it not cause it not letting the swollen do dwn wht should I do

Desiree on March 10th, 2012 at 11:05 pm
  58. Okay, Now I really wish I’d read all these comments before 9 days ago. 9 days ago i went to get my cheeks pierced and it didn’t hurt at all. I was very comfortable and took the push through. Well after the first day my cheeks began to swell and I then realized that I smile wayyy too much and I also talk to much as well. I began to notice this yellowish fluid draining out of my face scared the bajesus outta me and then my outter balls were sinking into my cheeks and my inner flats were sinking too. I started pushing them out with my tongue and then thats when the pain began I started stressing and decided to go back to the Mall and see what can be done if anything. Well I used the sea salt spay the non alcohol pro health but untill they put these bioflex bars with steal balls in I was miserable Now 9 days later my face is healing I’m not talking as much and I am also using peroxide with the sea salt and mouth wash which is healing my face at a rapid pace. I can’t wait till there all healed but till then I just clean them and keep it movin. O and by the way my daughter is 13yrs and got hers on the same day and she is all good no problems and her cheeks are bigger than mine i’d say it’s just diferent strokes for different folk honestly hers look wonderful………

Smitty on March 14th, 2012 at 10:49 pm
  59. I just pierced my dimples on Friday night. It’s Monday , They hurt , At Keats my left one ,its super swollen & sore. I can’t smile with out lookinq retarted. Lol , But other than that , they do hurt to get them done (kinda) it does form a dimplee & yeahh. Hope I helped.

christine on March 27th, 2012 at 2:05 am
  60. Ive had my cheek piercings in for almost 6 months now but one of them has like a weird bubble type thing around it ….iddk I went to the place I got it at n they said it happends but I feel like its getting bigger it doesnt hurt its just aggravating … It seems like its filled with puss or something ..maybe they put in the piercing wrong …on my swear gland maybe ..idk im just getting very nervous about it someone plzzz help ….?????

dee on March 31st, 2012 at 1:19 am
  61. I got my dimples pierced 3 days ago and if you push then all the way in your mouth to where the balls on the inside of your mouth so they won’t sink inside your cheeks and prevent your skin to grow ove r them when you eating is when you push them out to stick far out but as soon as you finish push them all the way in

Nene on April 8th, 2012 at 9:34 pm
  62. How old do u have to be!?

Lexi on April 9th, 2012 at 8:51 pm
  63. I have had my cheeks pierced for almost three years now, haven’t change the jewelry much since I’ve gotten them done, but they still aren’t completely healed. I googled how long it would take them to close because my new job requires associates to be “facial piercing free”, and last night my retainer sank completely into my cheek… My piercer told me we can “train” them to remain open for a period of time, which I’ve been trying so today. He said to take them out for ten minutes and put them back in for ten, etc. honestly I love all my piercings more than anything, but my cheeks are the iffy-est piercing I have ever had, and trust me, I’ve had many piercings. My cheeks at first became infected three times the first year, so I stopped using all mouth wash which for some reason really helped. I also switched tooth paste… That only kind of helped. Cheeks are apparently very tempermental piercings to have… My right cheek is barely ever acting up, secreting gross stuff, getting crusty, etc but the left side barely gives me a day without it. They’re pierced EXACTLY the same way, so I know that’s not the problem. I sat on the table for over two hours so we could make sure they were perfectly even and in the correct spot. I don’t recommend having them done, especially after all the issues I’ve had. Even with long barbells, the left side still managed to sink in and at a few points in time it sank completely in with a large ball on the barbell.
    I’m terrifed to take them out for work, but after the episode with the retainer yesterday, I’m not sure what I can do. But I know for certain if they close up on me, my piercer will do everything in his power to fix them for me. If you want an awesome piercing that isn’t tempermental, but is still oral, get your tongue webbing done. My webbing is by far my favorite piercing out of the twenty that I’ve had. ;3

Jesska on May 10th, 2012 at 5:11 pm
  64. Ive Had My Cheeks Pierced For Over Two Years Now , Do You Think Its A Good Amount Of Time Already ? Cause My Sister Got Them Done With Me & She Took Hers Off One Month Later & She Has Deep Dimples Now .

Gina on May 28th, 2012 at 4:16 pm
  65. I’ve had my dimples pierced for over a year now. I have natural dimples so since the piercing my dimples have more pronounce and extremely deep. Only thing i hate about them is mine aren’t balls i have a winding key so they’re constantly get caught on things :(

Deanna on May 31st, 2012 at 9:22 pm
  66. I got my cheek pierced four days ago and i take aleve twice a day mornings and night and it feels fine, and it never leaks so i don’t know about it.

Rebecca on June 2nd, 2012 at 3:22 pm
  67. I got my cheeks pierced about two and a half weeks ago. So far, everything has been fine. The actual piercing was not painful at all, and my cheeks were only swollen for about 2-3 days. Then later in the week secretions and crust began around the piercing. I cleaned mine with saline solution, drank alot of water and I did not over clean. Your body creates its own natural ways to fight bacteria, yes you should clean it but let your body fight and heal on its on.

While they were healing, my cheeks began to get a little fever to them. It’s a good sign of fighting bacteria. On my second week, my cheek still crusts a little but I can move it around, I even took it half way out to see if it was fine. So, within 2 weeks, my healing process was tremendous. Not all stories of cheek piercings are bad. To be honest, my cheeks were the less painful and easiest things to take care of. I highly suggest to get them. :)

Also, I would describe the pain after a few days as that feeling of working out really hard, and getting sore. Not bad at all :) I could eat talk and laugh.

Megan on June 12th, 2012 at 9:58 pm
  68. i got mine done 4 days ago,& getting it didnt hurt neither did it for 2 days ,but the third day was when my left side got suuuuper swollen the ball from the inside is kinda digging in my skin now its tender around it & also red,I clean them twice a day with water and salt & try putting ice on it the swelling still seems not to go down one bit,any sugestions to reduce swelling? btw right side seems to be healing perfeeect :D

Sponqeboob:D on July 6th, 2012 at 1:01 pm
  69. Yaaay my swelling finally went down after taking some asprin,& pain has gone away completely,i finally have room in my peircing and the liquid seems to be draining out on its own,im 100% satisfied now.Hope this helps :D

Sponqeboob:D on July 7th, 2012 at 12:09 am
  70. I have had my cheeks pierced for almost a week….. Mine are healing up wonderful they are leaking and I know this is normal the crusting is showing the signs of healing but it is day 5 and my swelling has gone down…. I can smile eat and such i clean them twice a day I don’t use mouth wash… I enjoy my dimples everyone around me wants them done. The issue around me with getting them done is not many people do it… The healing issues are different with each person and varies so I highly suggest that you take care of them with the people who are having issues your body may not be taking well to your piercing you may love them but your body may be rejecting them I have now 13 piercings with a total of 26 in my life I love all my piercings and none have ever rejected I am getting my dermals done soon and I quite enjoy the process of healing it is showing me that my body can handle all that I do to it. I suggest if getting this piercing you best be ready to take care of it because if you don’t you will be sorry… I love my piercings and when I smile they make my smile look terrific so have fun with yours and I am going back to enjoying mine.

Kookie. on July 19th, 2012 at 4:55 am
  71. My cheeks have been pierced for almost 5 years. The healing was not the most fun thing as they take a lot of care. BUT they are so worth it and I would do it all over again. By far the cutest coolest piercing I have and I intend to keep them always. They went through once or twice when I first got them but no big deal. They are worth the effort and did not in any way reuin my face. I buy my jewelry at Painful Pleasures online. Check out their photo gallery and you will feel better. I promise the healing issues will pass and you’ll love them.

Stephanie on July 27th, 2012 at 10:12 pm
  72. where can i get my cheeks pierced at i currently live in huntsville alabama and i really want them pierced so badly someone please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ciara cayson on August 11th, 2012 at 7:52 pm
  73. Hi Ciara I Googled piercing in your area and you have So many choices! Call a few and see who you feel comfortable with.

Stephanie on August 26th, 2012 at 12:09 am
  74. I got my cheeks pierced 3 days ago, and the girl at the front of the shop had hers done, so I was talking to her about them before I did it, hers looked amazing, and she got them done by the same piercer as me, so I wasn’t too worried. As I read all of these comments, I can see why people get worried. I think if you take care of them like they tell you too, do not over clean them and let your body take care of it, you should be more than fine. If you keep taking your jewelry in and out before it is healed, it will be even worse for you. I wouldn’t recommend it. I have had my lip done my nose (nostril) and my Septum, I never ever over cleaned them, your body fights bacteria, just drink a lot of water, and use salt water to rinse, dont play with it all the time, and I think you should be fine. Granted, I have only had my cheeks done for three days, I know that everything is going to be fine. Yeah, they are swollen, and they hurt and I actually got a slight little bruise on my right cheek (i bruise super easy) but over all, I love them and they look great. if you want them, get them, just make sure you take the steps you need to..to let them heal.

Rachel on September 18th, 2012 at 10:06 am
  75. can i get dimple piercings on my already natural dimples, i want to make them deeper..thank-you :’)

sheree on September 20th, 2012 at 6:06 am
  76. Just an update: I got my dimples pierced September 15,2012 and it is now October 10, 2012. My right cheek feels totally fine, I even wonder if it is totally healed, im sure it will swell up from time to time, but over all there has been no issues with my right side. I think my left side is starting to reject the piercing. It started 3 days ago, and the flat post on the inside of my cheek is sinking in to my cheek. I am going to my piercer tomorrow to get longer jewelry on that side. My cheeks have always been chunky, and the piercer told me from the start I may need to come in for longer jewelry. Other than my left side acting up a little. I love love love them and I don’t regret getting them at all!

Rachel on October 12th, 2012 at 9:31 am
  77. Had my cheeks done a month ago and had relatively few issues, but wanted to answer some of the questions I see repeated here -
    1) ‘the yellow gunk’ - this is lymph & blood serum and means that your piercing is healing. Externally, remove with a qtip dipped in warm water or if it is ‘crusty’ it can be gently picked off with CLEAN hands. You can occasionally get a build up of the lymph around the piercing ‘inside’ and this is what feels like the hard lumps around the piercing, to solve this take two round cotton makeup pads, dip them in boiled water, let them cool enough so that they feel comfortable on your skin and then place them over each piercing for approx 5-10 minutes. The warmth encourages the hard buildup of lymph to dissipate.

2) Aftercare. Don’t ‘mess’ with this piercing too much. A non-alcoholic mouthwash after eating, rinsing your mouth with water after sugary drinks, and a gentle wash with a soap like Carex/Dove is sufficient. Attacking this piercing with constant sea salt soaks and antibacterial creams won’t do you any favours. Let your body do most of the work.

3) Jewellery. If the length of the initial piercing bar is appropriate then you shouldn’t have problems with the balls/labret bars digging into your cheek. Pierce with a 1 inch length bar, labret or barbell, and change down in size after the initial swelling has gone. Mine were pierced with 22mm long barbells, changed down to 20mm after a week, and now after a month I’m ready in one cheek to change down to an 18mm length labret on one side but will keep a 20mm in the other for the time being.

I’m still getting some lymph secretion, mainly worse after eating but that’s to be expected when there’s a lot of movement there. One thing I would say is that do not get microdermals or surface anchors in this area, as you are pretty much guaranteeing rejection- there’s just too much movement there. Think really seriously about getting the cheek piercing, as out of all of mine this will be the one longest to heal and most likely cause the most niggles.

(Have had tongue double pierced, cheeks, anti eyebrow microdermals x2, lower lip labret, sternum/cleavage microdermals x3, ears double in both and back of neck surface anchor…. Aiming for dermal punch to outer ear next :0)

Mojo jojo on November 6th, 2012 at 10:02 pm
  78. About The Dimples And How Long It Takes I Got Mine Pierced October 7 2012 And I Already Had Dimples When I Had Mine Pierced And I Can Already Tell That They Are Getting Deeper And I Love The Attention From Everyone That Sees Them Makes You Feel Like A Celebrity Lol Its Awesome The Healing Process Mhm Its Good If You Have Your Ears Pierced The Healing Process Is So Much Better Than Those The Pain Was Like The First 3 Days Including The Day I Got It Pierced Those Were The Days That I Felt The Pain Kicking My Butt But After Those Days You Barely Notice That They’re There You Might Not Be Able To Feel Them Because They Have No Pain At All

Tough Angel on December 23rd, 2012 at 10:03 am
  79. Oh If You Are Looking For A Way To Make The Swelling Decrease Get A Few Cotton Balls And Dipped The Entire Thing In Contact Solution (Or Salt Water They’re The Same Thing Anyway) And Put Them In The Freezer And Let Them Freeze All The Way And When Its Done Just Rub Them On Your Face For About 5 - 10 Minutes And In About An Hour Or Hour And A Half The Spelling Has Decreased Drastically I Love This Method Because It Actually Works

Tough Angel on December 23rd, 2012 at 10:12 am
  80. I got my cheeks pierced two weeks ago. My piercer put 5/8ths barbells in. The actual piercing didn’t hurt at all, after wards it hurt to smile and to laugh. I ate a lot of Popsicles. The first day was alright but I ended up going home because of swelling. The next morning I was at my piercers shop before he even opened. I was swollen over the bars and they were pinching the swollen area and being pushed into my cheeks. He cut them out and put in 1 inch barbells. Most painful thing ever. Make sure you get the longer bars put in first. Because of my face being irritated I got super swollen, I almost swelled over the one inch bars and it hurt like hell. I couldn’t eat anything but Popsicles for five days, so I started to get sick. For instant relief every time I couldn’t handle it, I had made a plate of folded toilet paper dipped in salt water saline solution and put in the freezer. It was icy and washed it and that’s what got me through those five day. Now it’s been about two weeks, they are getting crusty like other piercings but not by too much. It’s absolutely freezing right now so when I go outside they get frozen to my skin an when I smile they rip off so the skin all around it hurts like hell and it looks gross but I just want them to heal. I was them once a day, and play with the frequently. Besides the first couple days I have had no problems. However it does feel like a small circle around it is still swollen, little bumps on each cheek. Is that something I should be worried about or should I just let it be?

Eddy on December 23rd, 2012 at 3:13 pm
  81. This is the 2ed time I’ve gotten the piercing done, its been about 3 days now, there was only tenderness the 1st hour or two Of the piercing I also got a tattoo on my chest that night so that may have an effect on the amount of pain I felt in my cheeks aha, holding a cold pack AROUND the area helps A lot! as to not put pressure on the piercings themselves ibuprofen helps too, for a person who smoke quiet a bit having an alcohol free mouthwash at hand is a must the leaking is actually much more manageable then the 1st time I had them done, as for eating or drinking anything, I find its easier to let ice melt in your mouth occasionally LIGHTLY holding the ice on the bars to help the bars get cooler and helping the healing process remember the minimum wait to change out your bars is 5 weeks depending on how comfortable you are with the piercings being healed to that, any type of juices are Bad, any type of alcohol also, if at all your experiencing hardness Around the piercings this could be a sign of infection, even though you may clean them like you have ODC your body may be rejecting the piercings and you can easily take them out your self but apply the right amount of pressure to the area to squeeze out as much fluid as possible being sure to keep your Warm salt water close by to wipe away the liquids if you are not experienced with this the person who did the piercings may recommend just going in to see your regular doctor.

Alyssa on January 19th, 2013 at 10:28 am
  82. I got my dimple piercings 5 days ago. The swelling happened immediately, I look like a chipmunk lol. I don’t mind the swelling. What bothers me is the lymph that keeps leaking out. I hope that it’s normal. Other than that everything looks pretty great. The swelling is going down, and the more I smile the less tight my cheeks are. I can actually laugh now without holding my cheeks, so this is improvement. I cannot wait until they heal, I know they’re going to look amazing . I have been wanting them for a little over a year and finally got the courage. I’m enjoying every minute of this healing process only because I’m a piercing addict, but I’ve never had my dimples pierced and I’m not too sure what to expect. Just wondering how long it might take for the swelling and leaking to stop?

Shayla on January 31st, 2013 at 11:08 am
  83. Hey just got my right cheek pierced 2 days ago..its swollen but not crazy..i ice it..an i use Listerine with water..no alcohol..so far its healing ok….I use aleeve for pain if i need it..its just alittle soar thats it..The bar is long enough an has room for swelling..in a few weeks i will change to a flat back..an a smaller diamond..Im just waiting for the healing process to end..for now im just gonna wear my hair to cover my face..cuz it looks like im storingfood..lol!

Vanity on February 1st, 2013 at 11:44 am
  84. I’ve had my cheek pieced 2 months ago (my 2nd time)and no pus,oozing or gooing at all.
    I did have this on my first piecing of my cheek so ensure to follow the below and you should have similar results.(BTW 1st piercing I had in for ove 6 mths and it was not healed. Had it removed for oral surgery for 24 hr and it closed up. thankfully as my 2nd time around I have had no problems and it’s almost 2 months.
    My new piercing I was more experienced and ensure I had the following:
    1. Pick ONLY plastic, flat back bar (plastic as winter\cold makes the healing process longer and the plastic will not be cold on your cheeks or stick to any discharge. (eg. your tongue on a frozen pole)
    2. Ensure the piercing measures your cheek and chooses a bar that has sufficient extra space to accommodate swelling(at least 1/2″ extra)
    2. Hygiene hygiene hygiene. If you follow nothing else ensure you ALWAYS Clean your piercing at least twice a day.
    My regiment was sea salt mouth wash (sold at all piercing shop)or any mouthwash that is ALCOHOL FREE to gargle with. Also use a q-tip and clean the outside of your mouth with this as well. Never use the same q-tip twice on the same cheek or on the other cheek. Every other day I gargle wiht sea salt (not regular salt also sold at any local piercing shop). Do Not Touch your piercing or turn the jewel or use any make-up, creams etc on the piercing. I usually keep about 1/8″ away from my piecing for anything going on my face. If you’re out and have any oozing etc use a wet wipe as it’s more sterile than toilet paper or paper towel in a washroom.
    STAY AWAY from Alcohol, spicy food and dairy products for at least 2 weeks after being pierced and VERY IMPORTANT ALWAYS Rinse your mouth and gargle with Sea Salt water or mouth wash after putting anything other than water in your mouth. Hope this helps for a speedy healing. Good luck and enjoy your sexy piercing.

Nikki on February 19th, 2013 at 5:18 pm
  85. 37 i don’t feel like reading all this, did you ever get a answer as to if the circle is normal? i have the same issue, but only on one&idunno what to do..

Patricia on March 16th, 2013 at 8:48 pm
  86. I’m 3 weeks and 3days into my dimple journey and I have to say, it’s been one he’ll of a journey so far (all totally worth it I must add). I had my dimples pierced and all was well, a little tender but fine 3 days later I looked like a full on food smuggling hamster. It was really embarrassing working in retail and having to face my customers with a fully round face. On top of that I could barely eat which was miserable, then the lymph started, which I knew was part of the healing process, but still annoying oozing all over my customers. But I carried on cleaning them with salt water,(alcohol wipes whilst at work) and plenty of mouth was and they have improved so much considering a week and a half ago I was going through utter hell. They do still ooze a little but not nearly as much. And the swelling is gone apart from two little hard bits around each bar. I’m still wearing the bars I got pierced with and I’m not entirely sure when to go back and get them shortened, but I suppose the longer I leave these in they can only get better and I’ll be ensuring less flare ups. I discovered the tricks to cleaning is leave them even though they look crusty and oozy,it’s for a reason and if you don’t disturb that,they’re gonna heal faster (obviously clean them in the morning and evening and maybe once during the day) but other than that try and bare it,even if they do look gross,i think that’s why mine have made such a turn around so quickly. And know they’re beautiful, and my dimples are getting more pronounced even when not smiling :D <3 xxx

Ami on March 20th, 2013 at 5:12 pm
  87. I got my dimples pierced 2 days ago n i have to go to an interview tomorrow. If i take them off for at least 2 hours will they close rite away?

blanca on April 3rd, 2013 at 8:25 pm
  88. I recently got my cheeks pierced a few weeks ago, I had been obsessing over them; I decided to get them after that :) I made it through the swelling, and everything was fine for a week or so with them.. But now they’re like itching, red, and feel ‘hard’ around the piercing. Is this part of the healing process? If not, any suggestions on what I should do?

Casey on April 28th, 2013 at 4:11 pm
  89. I got my left cheek pierced two days ago it s.kinda swollen and is leaking a little it hurted at first but it looks beautiful im getting the other side done next

stephanie on April 30th, 2013 at 10:07 am
  90. I got my cheek pierced 3days ago, no pain at all. The process of getting it done was no pain. Just a bit of swelling and still not oozing what you guys are talking about, I didn’t have that noticeable dimples so I hope these help me out with that. Just wondering how many days until I can switch to a smaller bar

Bella Bahena on June 10th, 2013 at 12:00 pm
  91. I got both done three days ago and the outside balls are huge. I say just go with them if they get infected chill cause the infection will pass. Dont stress. The piercing procedure itself, painful no. Once again the pain will pass. I have 20 piercings and im only 17! I cannot compare it to tattoo pain because I dont have one yet. I smoke alot and clean at most twice a day haha. I have huge barbells and I thought my piercer was a butter when she said they use tongue barbells but thank fuck lady you are gold. One is like pain free and the other is dying ;( in order of pain with my piercings
    1.septum
    2.industrial
    3.nose
    4.bellybutton
    5.cheeks
    7.ear
    8.tongue
    Get it done because unlike a tattoo, its removable

kirsty on July 9th, 2013 at 3:25 pm