Hiding stretched ears

«« Surface bars    forced lack of bladder control »»

Friday July 25th, 2008 @ 6:11 PM

Filed under: Ear

My ears are at 5/8th and I’m starting nursing school in a couple months. I bought the silicone hider plugs in 2 different versions in 1/2 inch. Neither one was the right color. Is there any other way to hide them. I love my ears too much to let them close. Its killing me that I can’t stretch them bigger than what they are.

Keep stretching them, because, around 1.5″ you can usually pull your lobes over your ear cartilage. You will look mildly deformed, but jobs can not discriminate because of that! If it wasn’t for that pull over technique I surely would have lost my lobes at the Bad Luck 13 show.

Otherwise , go old school, try some solid wood plugs, you could paint the front flesh tone to match your skin. Just be sure to keep the paint away from the wearable surface.

Posted by Sean Philips | Permalink | Leave a comment | Trackback

6 Responses to “Hiding stretched ears”

1. with the current hider plugs you have, you can apply whatever color foundation you currently wear to them and it’ll help blend. Because it’s silicone, it’ll wash right out and wont affect the jewelry like it would with wood.

Nicole on September 9th, 2008 at 10:06 pm
  2. Sorry im not sure I understand this right, i’ve currently got 26mm stretched ears which are fully healed and healthy. Is that really possible, to pull them over your cartilage?? Surely that cant be good for the piercing. I do on occasion have to attend formal events and have to take my jewelery out. But I would never have imagined that you could do that… Any more info about do’s / donts in that area? Like what to do when i want to put my plugs back in etc. I also have a piercing on the top of my cartilage (simple BCR) could this have an effect also?

Zed on September 14th, 2008 at 2:34 pm
  3. Sorry for the double post but i just realized its was 1.5 :-D Is that the smallest size that this is possible or could you do it a few mm less?

Zed on September 14th, 2008 at 3:12 pm
  4. Does anyone make and hider plugs bigger than an inch??

John on August 30th, 2009 at 5:41 pm
  5. http://www.bodyartforms.com/products.asp?jewelry=retainer this website sells multiple retainers all the way up to 1″ they also have a good selection of wood plugs if you want to go that route.

MaidenOfMischief on September 21st, 2009 at 10:33 am
  6. My lobes are 1in. and a qtr and I just hide them bu wearing glasses and pulling my lobes around the earwing backwards. Makes your ears look small but, its better to have small lobes in a work enviorment than holes that the conservatives can get you fired for.
    Blend in the the traditionalists

Tyshon on January 28th, 2013 at 8:56 am