Apadravya Stretch

«« Do Stretched Earlobe Piercings Continue to Stretch Over Time?    Septum with no “sweet spot”? »»

Friday November 7th, 2008 @ 10:23 AM

Filed under: Male Genital

I have had an apadravya for about 3 months and it was done at 12 or 14 guage and i want it stretched to either 10 or 8. I was wondering which is more suggested 10 or 8 and is there a piercer in the St. Paul MN area that will do this?

Apadravya piercings can sometimes be a bit of a difficult stretch. The bottom of the piercing often stretches easy, but the part of the piercing that passes through the head often makes for a tough/uncomfortable stretch. While you may be able to stretch several sizes at once, it is typically best to stretch just one size at a time. So, you may need to stretch the piercing several times to get to your final goal.

Also, depending upon how well the piercing is healing, 3 months might be a little to soon to stretch the piercing.

I’m not sure about St. Paul, but I work at Saint Sabrina’s in Minneapolis and that is definitely something we could help with.

Posted by Derek Lowe | Permalink | Leave a comment | Trackback

14 Responses to “Apadravya Stretch”

1. I’m somewhat worried by the idea of an apadravya at such a small size.

Having an RPA, I tell you it’s really tough to stretch that region, because of the flesh. Skin stretches easily, flesh takes a while.

Coffee on November 7th, 2008 at 5:30 pm
  2. What’s the difference between skin and flesh? I’ve always heard the terms used synonymously.

Lauren on November 9th, 2008 at 8:30 pm
  3. I’ve just had my apa stretched from it’s initial 8g to 6g, and an ampallang pierced direct at 6g. Only now at this gauge do I feel like they’re comfortably anchored - an apa at 8g felt too fine; 12-14g sounds bloody ridiculous, not to mention painful.

The other option, which might be a better use of your time and money, is to remove the piercing, heal it up, and wait to repierce at a decent gauge (like 6g or 8g). If you’re at 14g now, you’ll have to wait another 3 months or so for each stretch, which means 9 months to get to 8g optimistically, during which time it will basically be a useless appendage. If you pull the thing out at such a small gauge, healing shouldn’t be terribly difficult. You can then *use* the thing again when it closes up, and get it repierced at an appropriate gauge in 3-6 months. The time frame is still ~9 months, but you wont’ have to buy incremental sizes in jewelry you’ll never use again, and will have more time with a fully functional wang.

You can pierce and stretch straight to 6g or so with no troubles as long as you can deal with the stretch pain. If you want the procedure over as quickly as possible, go to 8g direct with an 8g needle and wait at least 4-6 months to stretch up, even if it looks healed.

In the mean time, I’d be keeping yours and others’ hands off the thing until it’s not so fine you don’t slash up your bell end in a blaze of blood and scar tissue.

redeye on November 9th, 2008 at 11:07 pm
  4. It actually doesnt hurt too bad at the 12 or 14 it is at now. Just the occasional pinch.

I just want those pinches to be either less severe or almost nonexistent.

I would really prefer not to take it out and have it repierced.

Bash Brother on December 3rd, 2008 at 1:43 am
  5. iv just had my apadravya done at 10g, wouldnt have wanted anything smaller,.ill stretch again at 4/5mths,.like to end up at 6g,,will i able to do that in 1 go or will i need to do 8g then 6g?..if so how long between stretches? [pain was intense and longer than expected,.but very little bleeding,.and no pain whatsoever with urinating,..now 1 week old,..morning erections are achy due to barbell being little too snug]

dan on January 28th, 2010 at 5:44 am
  6. I had my apa pierced as a 10 ga three months ago. within a week I put in an 8 ga barbell as the ten was too fine (and externally threaded (!)). I think i’ll wait another three months before moving to a 6 ga. Depending how that feels I’ll stay there for a few years or go to a 4 next.

jeremy on March 24th, 2010 at 11:06 pm
  7. stretching my ap was more painful than the piercing itself (from 8g to 6g). My suggestion would be to do this as few times as possible.

spy on August 23rd, 2010 at 9:58 pm
  8. mine was pierced at 10g,extremely painful,.but not much bleeding and urinating was fine,[starting in warm salt water] i stretched up to 6g,.but i recomend 1 size at a time,.it was trial and error and after 1 ‘blowout’ at the top[the hardest part to stretch] had to wait and reheal before starting again.i found plumbers tape the best method,.dont be in a hurry,can be really painful.6g feels way better than 10g and makes mr happy real happy, with or without ’stimulation!’can pee further and ejaculations more pressure,impressive.im thinking of going to 4g,think this may be maximum before impending flow too much

dan on September 1st, 2010 at 7:25 pm
  9. i agree with spy stretching was more painful and much more pain timewise,.piercing is over in seconds,.[mine seemed long at at least 7secs]its tougher than you think] but stretching involves long periods of pain if not done right.
    i dont recomend the nail polish method,.it goes soft where you pee on it and can peel back when pulling b/bell out,.like a fish hook very bad! and trying to cut corners by stretching 2 sizes like idid was stupid!i have scrotum piercing which clinks on the apa wen i walk..

dan on September 1st, 2010 at 7:33 pm
  10. My apa was done at 12 and was WAY too small. I just finished my stretch up to 4 this morning and getting that barbell through with the taper almost made me pass out. You can stretch it, but damn the top hurts! Cannot wait for it to heal though, it looks awesome! :)

vanRichten on November 29th, 2010 at 3:05 pm
  11. I had my apa done at a 14. keep hearing that it shoulda been better. but i would rather strech from a smaller gage to a bigger one im at 7 right now. no terrible if you take it slow. going on 3.5 months now.

marcus on February 27th, 2011 at 5:28 am
  12. I got a deep shaft Apdravia done with an 8guage. Three huge pushes to get the needle through. Ouch! It went from a very healed Prince Albert and comes out right behind my Glans. I stretched down to a 6 g. After 6 months and im about to go to a 4g now after almost a. Year. This is the most amazing piercing i have Ever had, Wife agrees.well worth the initial “experience” and first week of Misery. You know “morning wood”? It meant cradling my member, and waddling to the sink to run luke warm water into my hands, wimpering as the pain and pressure subsided.

Patches on October 14th, 2011 at 11:09 pm
  13. Jeebus, I got mine at a 14g, and I didn’t even bother to ask till after the deed was done… I want to get it up to a 10g or 8g but looking at everyones healing times and advice looks like it’s going to be a long year for me -.-
    Should of done more research.
    I have a traditional apa, but I’m tempted to take it out and get repierced at a 10g but a shaft apa, right behind the head… Due to the nature of my size a normal ball or half ball seem to add too much to whats already there… ughhh the painnnnnn

Ezra on January 3rd, 2013 at 2:39 pm
  14. Had my apadravya done in 14 ga, 1994 and yeah it took a while to heal. At a year was done with the pinching feeling, Stretched to 12 then 10ga pretty quickly with little discomfort. I’ve had the jewelry out for some time now but it’s easy to size it back for a couple days then stretch to each level. Done that a few times when I didn’t want the jewelry in.
    It’s interresting to read that people are going bigger ga to start with. Understandable. The lower healed quickly but the gland or flesh takes a while.
    Peace