Thursday February 19th, 2009 @ 9:05 PM
Filed under: Lip/Cheek
ok so i pierced my snake bite 2 days ago i did it myself i pierce everything on my body but anyway its been pussing,swelling,and it looks like the outside of the ring is about to go into my lip and on the inside its like the ring is pushing against my lip and my skin is hovering over the metal part in the back its kinda swore but not really
but i clean it everyday
1.sea salt (1 min)
2.clean it with dial soap
3.rinse my mouth with mouth wash
4.spray the outside with bactine
5.put A&D ointment on the outside!
idk whats wrong! i want it to heal
plz help meee!!!!
The reason your lip may be pussing, swelling and embedding into your lip is very likely from the following reasons:
1. Cleaning your piercing with a very chemical, strong Dial antibacterial soap
2. Rinsing your mouth out with very chemical, strong mouthwash
3. Spraying it with a numbing astringent like Bactine
4. Gumming it up and preventing the wound from breathing by applying A&D ointment on it.
5. You’ve pierced yourself with clearly no knowledge of piercing aftercare which leads me to believe you very likely haven’t done a lot of research into any other technical aspects of body piercing (ie jewelry size and metal quality, oral anatomy and aseptic technique)
I’d see a piercer and have them check out the placement and jewelry choice and completely cease all of your current aftercare procedure save for warm water rinses on the outside of your mouth to remove crusties and practise a regular oral hygeine regime (brush your teeth as per usual) and rinse your mouth out with a mild salt water solution after anything you eat or drink. (And this is only AFTER you’ve ensured you have a piercing that’s done and placed and jewelry is worn even remotely correctly.)
Posted by Lexci Million | Permalink | Leave a comment | Trackback