Brass Neck Rings

«« Condition Interaction (Medical Inflamm./Uveitis)    Shaft skin removal »»

Thursday June 18th, 2009 @ 12:28 PM

Filed under: Culture

Hey,

I was just kind of curious about brass neck rings. Since I was in 5th grade I have been completely fascinated with the elongation of womens necks. I myself have been half wanting to try it, but would like to hear stories from somebody who has done it first hand. I’ve been searching but haven’t found anything yet (maybe I just suck at computing with the interconnect)

Come to think of it, where the hell would I even find brass rings? I always assumed I would have to have them custom made if I did go through with this, but maybe there is somewhere to actually purchase them. Also, I’m curious if this act might change breathing or eatting patterns if there is excessive “stretching.”

Um, Yeah!! So, any of you guys know?

Thanks!

-Daniella

This is a good example of a question easily answered with google.

Nonetheless, since I too share a fascination with this mod I’ll share my limited knowledge on the subject. First and foremost, the neck is NOT actually stretched. In reality the collarbones and ribs are pushed down and shifted creating the illusion of stretched neck vertebrae. Generally this is done on very young female children, as doing so slowly when the bones haven’t fully developed is the least painful and most effective method. I believe 12-13 is about the oldest the procedure is started and am in all honesty unsure how effective it would be on an adult. I don’t forsee too much difficulty coming from breathing or eating. However, if the rings are worn for a long time the neck muscles underneath would most likely grow real weak and atrophy, which would make life after removal difficult until the muscles were redeveloped (if the muscles are not too far gone). To the best of my knowledge, this has never been attempted outside of the tribal cultures (please come forth and correct me if you know of any exceptions to this).

Posted by Sean Philips | Permalink | Leave a comment | Trackback

17 Responses to “Brass Neck Rings”

1. The rings are actually one continuos piece of brass that is bent around a womens neck by an experienced tribe elder. Like Sean said I dont think that starting this as an adult would do much to change ones body unless maybe an extreme (and probably painful) amount of pressure was used and then I dont think it would be feasable.

Otohime on June 18th, 2009 at 10:55 pm
  2. I did a study on the rings once. I do know that the rings can be removed safely because they don’t actually support the head or neck, there is generally a gap big enough for you hand to fit in for washing purposes.

Outside of the tribal cultures i haven’t seen or even heard of it being done.

Katelyn on June 19th, 2009 at 2:21 am
  3. Hey,

In respone to the muscle atrophy after wearing brass rings, there seems to not be a genuine problem concering this.

Many of the Kayan people are refugees in Thailand and their camps are subject to foriegn visitors who want to look at them. So in protest many of the women removed their coils, it is reported that a woman who wore the brass coils for 40 years removed them and discomfort only persisted for three days, after that no discomfort or complications at all.

Tanith x

Tanith on June 19th, 2009 at 5:09 am
  4. I adore this as well, and it is one of the true tribal modifications that I have any real interest in.

As others have said, the rings can be removed safely and sometimes are if the woman experiences any kind of problem and her neck needs to be inspected by the headwoman.

I don’t think starting it as an adult would do any good, as previously stated.

I have heard that the tribal people do not actually mind tourists coming and speaking with them, as it is an extra form of income for these poor refugee tribes. I believe that if they do not wish to speak to foreigners they don’t. They sometimes sell or trade with tourists as well.

Dimruthien on June 20th, 2009 at 2:52 am
  5. I have visited some Kayan tribes now living in Thailand and
    had 14 rings put on but had to remove them after about
    4 days because they chafed so much it drove me crazy. Also,
    I started to develope a sore at the nape of my neck. I was
    told it would take at least 3 or 4 weeks to become somewhat
    adjusted to them.
    I still have the coil and would part with it if someone is
    interested. You will need a good winder to get the turns
    even with each other.

Susan on November 3rd, 2010 at 5:43 pm
  6. All my life, I have wanted this done to me, and all 3 sets of coils.

Courtney on February 17th, 2011 at 3:25 pm
  7. I think the neck rings looks fantastic, and i have desided to have as many as possilble ” installed ” on my neck - for permanent wearing !!It has taken me a long long time to talk myself into wearing the coils - knowing that i will get many ugly comments from people around me - but i am looking forward to my ” neck-project “, and hope that ” bad people ” will keep their opinion for themselves - or at least accept me and others personal right to present ourselves as we wish!!

Mogens on July 20th, 2011 at 12:25 am
  8. I have full intentions on getting a smaller set whenever I can get my hands on the wire. I find those woman absolutely beautiful, and this is the mod I have wanted since I was a child.

Abelle on September 2nd, 2011 at 1:55 am
  9. Susan, I need those rings really.. I’m ready to buy it.. If I buy it how to do the roundings??

Kaushik on November 19th, 2011 at 3:46 pm
  10. Hey

Any of you know where to buy Neck Brass Rings ?

Mogens Harritz on February 18th, 2012 at 8:28 am
  11. If you still have the coil Susan I’d be interested in having it.

Eric on March 6th, 2012 at 12:35 am
  12. Oh yea due to my “limited knowledge”(and what I can read off my minimized wikipedia page), im a complete pretentious asshole.fuck u

juice on July 14th, 2012 at 10:11 pm
  13. I’d like to buy neck rings as well. But I can’t find anywhere or anyone in the net where to buy it. :(

Amanelle on July 14th, 2012 at 10:52 pm
  14. im age 18 i have thought up the idea to get neck coils on . not to much just the right amount for me , if please someone can let me knoe on where or how to get neck rings it would be much thanked , appreciation . if any information please email me to [email protected] thanks

Brittney on August 15th, 2012 at 1:47 pm
  15. Hello everyone,

My name is Harriet and I’m a journalist from Barcroft Media, an international press agency. I’m researching neck stretching in the Western world and would be grateful for any advice you could offer.

If anyone is practising neck stretching and would be happy to talk to me, please could you get in touch on [email protected] or call +44 207 923 1827

Hope to hear from you soon!

Harriet on November 6th, 2012 at 9:52 am
  16. HEY HARRIET

I am vearing necj rings ( 17 pcs ) and many people are asking med about the subject ! You are welkom to get in touch with me if you are interested !!

Many regards
    Mogens from Denmark ( Århus )
    phone ; call DK - and then 52658776

Mogens on November 11th, 2012 at 4:40 am
  17. HEY ALL you guys and girls

If you want to get Necn Brass rings ” installed ” you can write or call med !! I myself are within the past 6 month wearing Neck rings ( 17 pcs and necklength 11 cm ).
    You can get neck rings with a lock ( takes about 10 sec. to get them off ) or yor can get them fast installed - then you can get more rings and stretcht your neck ( it is not your neck you are stretching but your collar bone you are ” downloading )!!

If i you have interest you can mail me: [email protected] OR phone me: Call Denmark and then 52658776 !! Best of luck -

Many regards
    Mogens from Denmark ( Århus )

Mogens Sørensen on November 11th, 2012 at 3:33 pm