Branding

«« microdermals vs. skin divers?    Triangle vs. Horizontal Hood? »»

Monday March 22nd, 2010 @ 11:53 PM

Filed under: Branding

Basically, my girlfriend wants me to brand her in the same way that one might brand cattle.

My only problem with this is that I don’t have a clue how to go about doing this safely and effectively. I don’t know how to heat the metal, what type of metal to use, how long to apply the brand, how thick the brand should be, etc. I kind of need a crash course in amateur branding.

It is important to us both that I be the one who brands her, so unfortunately paying a professional is out of the question.

If you don’t have a clue to go about something safely and effectively, than reading a quickly prepared “how to” on a website’s Q&A will likely not make you any more prepared.

My advice would be to seek out a professional branding artist and explain your situation and see if they can give you some real time pointers.

Posted by Shawn Porter | Permalink | Leave a comment | Trackback

6 Responses to “Branding”

1. Sadly a crash course in branding will only lead to a scar on her body that neither of you will truely be happy with and a possible infection. I can understand the value and sentiment of her wanting you to be the one to do the branding, however if I were you I would want to take the time to do a LOT of homework. there are plenty of scarification artists on this site alone that you can then look up on facebook and myspace and message them asking for advice. Scarification is nothing to rush into so take your time and enjoy the journey. the more you know about the process the more you can injoy the experience and the end results.

Joshua G on March 27th, 2010 at 2:11 pm
  2. While I might question the reputableness of someone willing to do this, you might even have better luck offering the artist the price of the brand you’d be giving her if not more as compensation for the tips. Maybe even offer a signable waver stating that you won’t come back and sue the artist for their tips if the branding goes wrong.

Rez on March 31st, 2010 at 9:10 pm
  3. go to iam:distortedsmiles. I know he’s done brandings on himself and I’m sure he could give you some pointers

hw on June 14th, 2010 at 1:50 pm
  4. I have a nice brand on my inner left thigh. I asked for it but wasnt prepared for the involvment of the caretaking of my wound. it took at least 2 months to heal. VERY PAINFULL! I wanted to go to the hospital at least once, maybe twice. Didn’t go because it’s not normal. I have the narlyest brand in FLORIDA! Frank can vouche for that. GO to Samsulagirl02@yahoo.com.

Kristi G. Phillips on March 20th, 2011 at 6:18 am
  5. I want branded..I have lots of tats, piercings, even a dermal implant. I llike to venture out and try diffrent things as a test to myself on pain tolerance..I know to some it is strange but its my thing..Where would I go to get branded?? And how much does it usually cost??

Tiff on June 9th, 2011 at 8:06 pm
  6. WOW! Unless you’ve already done it, try to convince her that it’s a mistake. I’ve done this twice and the first one on my ass has disappeared, so I tried again on my thigh. I wanted it deeper and singeing longer. It was really deep. The guy that did it is no longer my boyfriend and I look like Freddie Kruger. I have pictures on my phone if she wants to see. My current boyfriend thinks its kindof nasty. He wont even really touch it when we’re making love.The guy that gave it to me has decided that I’m just a Branding #. So to speak..I guess he feels like he owns me now. Like a cow. If she wants to see the pics (386)478-9831. Speaking of wire size: Coat hanger is magnified 100 times! I’ll show u. Text me.

Kristi G. Phillips on June 19th, 2011 at 6:54 am