Careers in Heavy Modification

«« Collar-bone microdermal rejecting    Interesting Navel Piercing Jewelry »»

Saturday July 21st, 2012 @ 7:45 PM

Filed under: Extreme Mods

Dearest BME,

I’m finishing high school at a rather prestigious science school in a few months and although I love my science very, very much, my heart lies in body modification. I want to spend the rest of my days piercing and tattooing to my heart’s content. But I also want to perform scarification, brandings, implants, minor surgeries (ear cutting etc.), suspensions and basically push the limits of body modification. I want to tour the world making people extreme and become renowned worldwide as a true master of the art!

I understand the process for apprenticing under tattoo artists/piercers and all the necessary courses required, but how on earth I go about progressing beyond that I have no idea. Would I need training in medicine or surgery in order to perform some of the more extreme mods? Or would I have to find a heavy mod artist to apprentice under??

Thankyou, Penny <3

I would recommend the later. Find yourself a heavy modification artist to apprentice under and you will be a lot better off in the long run.

Alternatively if you can not find that artist you need to start slow anyway. Finish a proper apprenticeship and spend years striving to be better every day. In time you will have either made industry connections and find someone to teach you or you’ll have worked with people that share their knowledge and you can start furthering your skill set on your own.

Posted by Ryan Mills | Permalink | Leave a comment | Trackback

Rate This Post

+8 / 10 votes Vote This Post DownVote This Post Up
Loading ... Loading ...

Leave a Comment

Search ASK

BME shop

Give to BME's Legal Defense fund!

Check out who else has donated and how you can help make a difference!


Highest Rated Posts